Last modified: January 20, 2014
There are many different ways you can use our services – to share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating an IncoCloud account, we can make those services even better – to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – like figuring out which language you use for naming your items or companies.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, we require you to sign up for an IncoCloud account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address and company name. Also when you add a database to IncoCloud we store a copy of your database information in our servers.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services and the information you use and how you use them, like when you have most of your items in your database added with Bulgarian names, IncoCloud would give you suggestions about missing items with Bulgarian names. Also the item names entered by you may be offered as a suggestion to other users
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Vladster and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant suggestions.
We may use the name you provide for your IncoCloud Profile across all of the services we offer that require an IncoCloud Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your IncoCloud Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible IncoCloud Profile information, such as your name and company.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Vladster processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can review and edit certain types of information tied to your IncoCloud Account from the IncoCloud management interface in IncoPOS.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Vladster unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Vladster when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With distributors
If your IncoCloud Account is supported by a distributor then the distributor who provide user support to your organization will have access to your IncoCloud Account information (including your email and other data).
- With group administrators
Your group administrator may be able to:
– suspend or terminate your account access.
– access or retain information stored as part of the IncoCloud group.
– receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
– restrict your ability to manage the group by changing your access level.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Vladster if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
– meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
– enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
– detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
– protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vladster, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like distributors, connected sites or services. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Vladster and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL or similar technologies.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Vladster employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.